Handicap Van Options Make Transit Easy
What Can These Options Do For You?
New or used handicap vans are the main means of transportation for people with disabilities. They can compensate for most disabilities while providing comfort with the available options. Depending on your disability, you can choose which options would best fit your needs.
Here’s a list of customized options. These options will make commuting easier and more comfortable for you and your family.
The main options for additional handicap van equipment include; Bruno Valet, portable ramps, hand controls, driving aids, lifts, jump seats, wheelchair tie-downs, transfer seats and platform carriers. Here’s a description of each:
• Driving Aids: Driving aids include pedal extensions, wheelchair pulleys and sensors to help drivers maneuver safely.
• BraunAbility Turny Evo: A Turny Evo seat allows someone with limited mobility to get in and out of their vehicle with very little effort and strain.
• Lifts and Scooter Carriers: Lifts and mobility scooter carriers are probably one of the most useful options for a handicap vans and other accessible vehicles. Lifts and platform carriers for a van can be mounted internally or externally. They can lift a person in a wheelchair in and out of the car or store a mobility scooter during a commute.
• Wheelchair Tie Downs: wheelchair tie-downs can be installed into the floor of a handicap van to secure wheelchairs during transit.
• Hand Controls: In the instance of someone who has limited or no use of their legs, that person can have hand controls installed into their steering column so they can operate their vehicle.
• Transfer Seats: A transfer seat works just like a lift and platform carrier. It can lift a wheelchair into a handicap van.
Understanding all of these options will make customizing your handicap van an easier process. Click here for additional buying tips.