For Inquiries on Lift and Mobility Seating Products
Call: 1-844-341-LIFT (5438)
Wheelchair Transfer Seating For Wheelchair Vans, Handicap Accessible Vehicles
The newest offering from B&D Indpendence Seating, The Comfort Series wheelchair transfer seat-base with an optional 180-degree turning radius! Yes, 180-degree turning radius!! Transfers from your wheelchair in your lowered floor handicap van / wheelchair van are now safer and EASIER than ever!
Designed from the ground up, B&D Independence comfort series wheelchair transfer seat uses fewer components, making the new wheelchair transfer seat-base not only lighter, reducing vehicle weight, but stronger, providing wheelchair users a substantial increase in the available weight capacity. The new design from B&D also provides for easier installation which will assist in lowering the time and cost of installing inside your wheelchair van / handicap van.
Currently B&D Independence has models of their transfer seat-base available to fit the following chassis manufacturers: Dodge Grand Caravan, Chrysler Town & Country, Toyota Sienna, Honda Odyssey, Volkswagen Routan, Kia Sedona, Chevrolet Venture, Chevrolet Uplander, Ford Freestar, and Ford Windstar. However, be sure to check with our lift specialist by calling the number above if you don’t see your vehicle’s manufacture listed as new models are added regularly.
B&D comfort Series wheelchair transfer seat-base models are available to fit the following conversion manufactures: BraunAbility, Vantage Mobility International (VMI), Eldorado Mobility, AMS, Savaria Van Action, View Point, and Rollx.
Benefits & Features:
- • Lighter overall weight – Reducing vehicle weight for additional cargo
- • Higher weight capacity – Able to accommodate a higher weight capacity than previous seat-base models
- • Easier Installation – Easier to install saves time and money
- • Additional adjustments – Additional adjustments now available for those needing a higher sit or distance from steering wheel
- • Improved stability
- • New and improved pendent – Makes operation easier for wheelchair users
- • 6-Way power seat-base adjustment
- • Driver or passenger position
- • OEM seat attaches and seat retains all factory function
- • Horizontal travel distance: 19.5 inches
- • Vertical travel distance: 6.375 inches
- • Swivel angle: 100-degrees
- • Weight capacity of occupant: 500 lbs.
- • Length of base: 36.25 inches
- • Width of base: 13 inches
- • Lowered height: 6.875 inches
- • Bellows to conceal scissor legs to improve appearance and safety
- • Various switch controls (switchbox or handheld pendant)
- • 180-degree swivel
- • Optional colors: Light gray or tan – Standard color is charcoal