Automotive Exterior Mounted Mobility Scooter Lifts & Wheelchair Lifts
For Inquiries on Lift and Mobility Seating Products
Call: 1-844-341-LIFT (5438)
External automotive wheelchair lifts and mobility scooter lifts are the most common and least expensive options available in transporting your mobility scooter, wheelchair or power-chair with your car, truck, van or SUV. The external wheelchair lift mounts to your vehicle through a towing-hitch receiver. If you don’t have a towing-hitch receiver already installed on your vehicle, you will need to have one installed prior or we can help assist in the installation.
Note: The type of vehicle, it’s towing capacity and type of towing-hitch mount installed will dictate what type of external wheelchair lift / scooter lift can be mounted. Not all vehicles or hitch-mounts are created equal. The tongue weight restrictions of the towing-hitch and of the vehicle itself will dictate your available wheelchair lift / scooter lift options. For more details on externally mounted scooter lift and wheelchair lift compatibility for your specific vehicle, please call our lift manager at the toll-free number above for your FREE consultation and evaluation of your needs.
Superior Van and Mobility not only sells and installs brand new wheelchair lifts / mobility scooter lifts from Harmar, Bruno Independent Living Aids, Adapt Solutions, AMF-Bruns, and BraunAbility, but we also have a HUGE selection of pre-owned units, many like new that are available at huge savings. Note: This inventory changes daily, so if interested in a quality pre-owned unit, be sure to call our dedicated lift manager today!
Harmar External Platform Scooter Lift & Wheelchair Lift
Harmar’s best-selling, exterior mounted mobility scooter lifts and wheelchair lifts are not only affordable & lightweight but easy to use. There are many Harmar Lift models available for cars, trucks, vans and SUVs with varying wheelchair lift / scooter lift lifting capacities. If you would like more information on Harmar wheelchair lifts / scooter lifts, simply call Superior Van and Mobility’s dedicated lift manager today for determination of which Harmar external wheelchair lift / scooter lift model will work best for your needs, your vehicle and your mobility device.
Harmar exterior mounted scooter lifts and wheelchair lifts are designed for those individuals with limited mobility and currently use a mobility scooter, wheelchair or power-chair to travel long distances, but who can stand for short period of time as needed, and can safely traverse from the rear to the front of their vehicle without the assistance of their mobility equipment.
- • Many models and lifting capacities available for cars, trucks, vans & SUVs
- • Lightweight and easy to operate
- • Safely carries virtually every type of mobility scooter & Powerchair on the market today
- • Manual or automatic device restraint systems available based on Harmar lift model chosen
- • No mobility scooter modifications necessary for use or additional restraint needed
- • Unit is powered by the vehicle’s battery. No external or additional battery required
- • Installation does not involve structural modifications to your vehicle, so it can be removed for vehicle resale purposes
- • Accommodates mobility scooters up to 42 inches in length
- • Features the exclusive Harmar lift, “Stars & Stripe” designed aluminum deck
- • License plate mount included
- • Requires the installation of a Class II or greater tow-hitch on your vehicle
- • Lift capacities range from 100 lbs. to 400 lbs. based on model chosen
- • Manual override allows for operation in the event of a power failure
- • Optional Swing-Away feature allows for easy access to your vehicles rear cargo area when installed
- • Optional covers available to keep you mobility scooter or wheelchair clean and dry from the elements
Bruno Out-Sider Mobility Scooter & Power Wheelchair Lift
Easy to use and operate, the Bruno Out-Sider ASL-275 is now 15% lighter and it will allow you to stow your mobility scooter, power-chair or wheelchair for transportation behind your vehicle for transport. With the new universal, modular design, the Out-Sider is now easier than ever to adjust the platform to host numerous sized and type of mobility scooters, wheelchairs and power wheelchairs.
Did we mention easy to use? The user simply drives their mobility equipment onto the wheelchair lift / scooter lift platform and secures it in place with the included, manual tie-down restraint straps. A simple touch-of-a-button then raises the wheelchair lift / scooter lift platform into the air for storage and/or transport behind your vehicle. As shown below, the new adjustable wheelchair lift / scooter lift platform creates a universal application that fits most power-chairs and mobility scooters. Please consult our dedicated lift manager for more details and for compatibility to your vehicle, mobility device and personal needs.
Bruno Out-Sider Mobility Scooter Lift / Power Wheelchair Lift Features
- • Full-power lift operation
- • Easy-on / Easy-off lift platform design
- • Platform folds and stores automatically when not in use
- • No modification necessary to your mobility device
- • Optional Swing-Away feature is available to allow rear hatch cargo access while installed
- • No external or secondary battery necessary. Wheelchair lift / scooter lift is powered by the vehicle’s battery
- • Unit mounts to an external class II or class III trailer-hitch receiver (not included)
- • Works with most vehicles that can accept an installation of a trailer hitch
Bruno Out-Sider Scooter Lift / Power Wheelchair Lift “User Requirements”
- • User must be able to safely walk to and from the rear of their vehicle
- • User must be able to stand two to three minutes under own power during operation
- • Uses must be able to safely drive their mobility equipment on/off wheelchair lift / scooter lift platform
Bruno Out-Sider Scooter Lift / Power Wheelchair Lift Specs
- • Heavy Lifting Capacity: up to 350 lbs.
- • Height Adjustable from 6 inches to 24 inches
- • Hitch Class II or III required for installation
- • Standard wheelchair lift / scooter lift platform width is 28.5 inches
- • Optional 31-inch wide wheelchair lift / scooter lift platform available
Bruno Out-Rider Mobility Scooter & Wheelchair Lift For Trucks
Invented by Bruno over 15 years ago, the Out-Rider wheelchair lift / scooter lift quickly became an industry leader in design and function for addressing mobility scooter, power-chair and wheelchair lifts for pickup trucks.
The Out-Rider power wheelchair lift / mobility scooter lift mounts in the truck bed of your pickup and works like a crane with the included pendant remote control box. The articulating arm of the wheelchair lift / scooter lift easily attaches to your power wheelchair, mobility scooter or manual wheelchair via a lifting point on your device, and quickly lifts and stores your mobility equipment safely in the bed of your truck. An optional, automatic truck topper is available on model model pickup trucks that works with your Bruno Out-Rider wheelchair lift / scooter lift to ensure your mobility device is kept out of the elements and safely under-cover.
Bruno Out-Rider Features
- • Full-power operation
- • Various articulating arms available to accommodate different truck cab designs
- • Unit is available for installation on either a standard, extended-cab or crew-cab pickup truck
- • Wheelchair lift / scooter lift can be mounted on either the driver or passenger side of the vehicle
- • Materials are designed for the elements and outdoor usage
- • Wheelchair lift / scooter lift is easily removed for vehicle resale
Bruno Out-Rider Specs
- • Three wheelchair lift / scooter lift models available based on lifting capacity: Standard – 100 lbs. or 200 lbs., HD – 350 lbs.
- • Vehicle installed weight – Standard models – 80 lbs., HD model – 90 lbs.
- • Works in pickup truck beds from 5.5-foot to 8-foot
Bruno Chariot Mobility Scooter & Power Wheelchair Lift
The Bruno Chariot power wheelchair lift / scooter lift is a revolutionary, fixed-mount, external power-chair, mobility scooter and wheelchair lift that attaches to your vehicle like an ordinary pull-behind trailer that acts like an ordinary trailer, but without the driving issues that surround navigating a trailer. The key to it’s ease of use is in the use of 360-degree rotating castor wheels instead of fixed mount wheels to support the wheelchair lift / scooter lift platform. This feature eliminates the, “Jackknife” effect that is often created when trying to navigate a normal trailer behind a vehicle, and making it easier to back-up your vehicle.
The Bruno Chariot scooter lift and power wheelchair lift also utilizes a fixed mount design, meaning it doesn’t swivel on a traditional ball-mount trailer hitch. The unit is designed to track directly behind your vehicle as if it was never there, part of your existing vehicle. It’s also small enough, when attached to select vehicle types and sizes, to fit inside a traditional parking space along with your vehicle.
Bruno Chariot Power Wheelchair Lift/ Scooter Lift Features
- • 360-degree castor type swivel wheels – eliminates trailer “jackknifing” when traveling in reverse
- • Comfortable ride utilizing an independent suspension
- • Full-Power operation for ease of use and handling wheelchair lift / scooter lift platform
- • Heavy 350 lbs. lifting capacity
- • Easy one-hand folding of the wheelchair lift / scooter lift platform
- • Retractable tie-downs are included for safe, easy device restraint
- • Allows for easy rear hatch cargo access (if applicable)
- • Includes light package/harness that integrates with existing running/brake lights and turn signals
- • Fix mounts to your vehicle’s class I or class II frame mounted trailer-hitch receiver (not included)
- • Easily moved for use on multiple vehicles
Bruno Chariot User Requirements
- • User must be able to safely walk to and from the rear of their vehicle under their own power
- • User must be able to stand two to three minutes without use of mobility scooter or wheelchair
- • Uses must be able to safely drive their mobility device on/off he power wheelchair lift / scooter lift platform
Bruno Chariot Power Wheelchair Lift / Scooter Lift Specs
- • Mobility scooter or wheelchair lift capacity – 350 lbs.
- • Vehicle installed weight – 310 lbs.
- • 47-inch x 33-inch scooter lift / wheelchair lift platform
- • Maximum Scooter / Power-Chair width – 27 inches
- • Maximum Scooter / Power Chair wheelbase – 38 inches
- • Required hitch height – 8.5 inches to 15.5 inches
- • Requires frame mounted trailer-hitch class I or II
- • Overall unit height – 65 inches
Superior Van & Mobility now has financing options for wheelchair lifts, scooter lifts, mobility seating, and mobility driving aids. To learn more or to apply, click on the button below or contact one of our certified mobility consultants today!Get Financing