Turny EvoⓇ OEM Seat Applications
Have you been asking for an OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) seat option for the Turny Evo seat? Well coincidentally, so have we! And thankfully, BraunAbility has listened to us both!
So what exactly does this mean? This means that we are delighted to offer our customers the option to retain your vehicle’s OEM seat. This allows you to not only match your vehicle’s interior, but also the original seat’s comfort. Not to mention that depending on the vehicle and available options, select OEM seat functions are retained, such as power reclining and heated seat.
In some instances, the aftermarket seat (or Comfort Seat), might be a better option for some. Some questions that you might want to ask to decide for yourself include:
- Will altering the OEM seat impact my vehicle’s resale value? If so, how important is that to me?
- Typically, the OEM seat requires an additional 2.5 – 3 hours of installation time, will there be additional costs involved?
- How many armrests do I prefer? If I need up to two armrests to assist with transfers, the aftermarket seat may be a better fit for me.
- How much space do I need relative to the type of seat application I have? Some OEM seats are too large and are unable to rotate out of the vehicle. The aftermarket seat provides more space for vehicles whose application is considered tight.
Safety & Affordability
Safety and cost are two factors that will not limit your decision between the two, because they are identical. The Turny Evo with the OEM seat application and the aftermarket seat option both meet the same testing and safety requirements. Both seats also cost the same. If you are wondering why the OEM seat option isn’t cheaper, it is because there are extra costs associated with the OEM seat mounting kit, such as additional brackets and a cable/harness. The OEM seat development time is significantly longer as well.
We are now taking orders for the following OEM seat applications:
- 2015+ Ford F150 SuperCrew (front right)
- 2015+ Ford F150 SuperCab (front right)
- 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica (mid-row position)
- 2008 – 2019 Dodge Grand Caravan (front right and mid-row position)
- 2008 – 2016 Chrysler Town & Country (front right and mid-row position)
- 2015+ Ford F150 (front left)
- 2018+ Ford Expedition (front left and front right)
Braun is continuously testing the OEM seat option on other vehicles as well, so please check in with one of our mobility consultants for the most current list of vehicles and applications!
Still not sure which one is right for you? Call us at any one of our locations and receive expert guidance from one of our compassionate mobility specialists today!