The BraunAbility MXV™
The all-new, BraunAbility MXV™ is the first wheelchair accessible crossover vehicle, or SUV that delivers BraunAbility's unsurpassed quality, in a vehicle other than a minivan.
Developed on the chassis of the Ford Explorer, the MXV is versatile, enveloping action and independence with an open floor plan, all while conveying a rugged and tough approach; a mix sure to spark the best of one’s personality.
The MXV holds four patent-pending features, one of which is its exclusive glide-out (sliding) side door operation and its space-saving sliding shifter design. Both of which, were designed in conjunction with its in-floor ramp technology to maximize interior space and provide unsurpassed convenience. When combined with its removable front driver and passenger seating, the flexibility and appeal of the BraunAbility MXV™ easily increases to accommodate more users of power and manual wheelchairs. This dynamic new take on mobility, plainly represents a new era in wheelchair accessible transportation, and it's one that finally has an available tow package!
Fully Automatic Sliding Door and Accessible Ramp
For convenience, the MXV employs an innovative, patent pending, gliding side-door design to accommodate its space saving in-floor ramp system. Both of which, for convenience can be operated from the factory key fob remote. The ramp system can be deactivated from a switch on the dash.
The ramp on the BraunAbility MXV wheelchair accessible SUV is 28" wide, has an 800 lb. load capacity, and is lighted for nighttime access. The ramps surface is power coated with a durable non-skid, slotted finish that ensures superior traction and aids in the removal of debris. The smooth transition plate lowers the traditional elevated joint, found in some conversions, allowing for reduced elevation.
Auto Kneeling Feature
In an effort to reduce ramp angle and make it easier to board, all BraunAbility MXV™ handicap SUVs feature an automatic, integrated "kneeling" system. When a deploy ramp command is initiated, the onboard computer activates an actuator that is mounted on the rear passenger side of the vehicle. Once engaged, the actuator works to lower the vans ramp side. This option can also be turned off or on with a switch on the dash.
Specs on the MXV:
- 28" wide in-floor ramp system
- 55" door entry height
- 58" interior cabin height
- Shifter to door (narrow point) 24"
- Shifter to door (widest point) 27"
- 5" ground clearance when fully loaded
- Power Glide & Slide door feature integrated w/factory key fob (industry first)
- Power rear seat (OEM option) that folds flat for additional cargo space
- Nerf bar is standard
- Integrated LED ramp lighting system
- Transfer seat compatible
- Adjustable sliding gear lever. Shifter can be moved right or left for additional room
- Cantilever seat bases for easy removal and making additional interior room as needed
- Class III towing capability. OEM towing packages available
- OEM mounted spare tire
- Fits 30 of the most commonly prescribed power chairs (see list in Product Application Guide)
- Multiple seating configurations possible (passenger or driver or both)
- Conversions are available on all front wheel drive Ford Explorer trim levels